Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Just making introductions

I've been meaning to do this for quite some time, but as life would have it, it always got pushed to the back burner. But I guess now is as good a time as any.

I've chosen to title my blog "A Mother's Treasure," a clip from Catherine Pulsifer's quote, "A mother's treasure is her daughter." I have two daughters, Samantha and Lilliana, and they are my treasure. While I love my husband (I obviously chose him), my daughters are my heart.

Samantha, henceforth known as Sammie, is 2 years old and is the epitome of Walt Disney's quote, "I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment." In fact, her desire to be constantly on the move is most likely the reason that she's almost three, and yet weighs only 25 pounds. She's our Tinkerbell, with white blonde hair, and standing a head shorter than most of her peers.

Sammie at one month old

Lilliana, aka Lily, is my newborn. Barely a month old, she is already standing apart from her sister. While Sammie never once spit up, it's a multi-daily occurrence with Lily. Sammie also rarely slept through the night (until we began co-sleeping). Lily has been sleeping most of the night since birth. Lily's hair is also dark, and there's enough for her to wear hairbows already. And Lily has chubby little cheeks. However, from a profile view (minus the hair), Lily and Sammie look almost identical.

It remains to be seen if they'll be my little "twins," or if Sammie will be "Cinderella" and Lily "Belle."

I chose Monkey Toes' Mom as my sign-off, because both of my girls have their daddy's toes. To put it in perspective, my husband's second toe is longer than my pinky finger (no kidding!). They both have super long toes, too. When Sammie was born, David nicknamed her "Monkey Toes." (She has at least 20 plush monkeys because of it). When Lily came along, it was one of the first body parts we inspected. In fact, before David had cut the cord, she'd been dubbed "Monkey Toes," too. So I'm their mom, the only one in the family without monkey toes.


So this is my blog. Expect it to mostly be about my "treasures," but since I find writing therapeutic, expect tidbits of other topics. I hope you'll enjoy reading our escapades.

No comments:

Post a Comment